Peaceful 10

Deborah K. Rowen

October 2, 1956 ~ December 6, 2020 (age 64)


Lord took me home.

No worries, I am ready, I had a great life. Married the man of my dreams and the absolute love of my life, P.J. We had many happy years together. He brought to our lives a cute little girl named Leigh. I learned from her. I had NO idea what it was like to be a parent. Quick learner...Leigh was challenging at first. Leigh grew up, married a military man and gave us 2 grandsons. Smart little boys, they must take after their Grand Dad...They all reside in Nevada. I loved them all.

 We all had a great life. A bit after P.J. and I were married we had a little girl, we named Ash. What an adventure she was. I remember sitting with her having lunch at a livestock show...sitting on wood shavings leaning on a steer! So many funny memories. Ash later married a military man, with 2 boys. Now living in South Carolina. More grandsons...Each set of grandsons are so far into my heart they may as well be mine by blood. So, blessed. I love them.

 I became ill with cancer. Ash came to visit for a week. Made it through that cancer, recovered, only for the cancer to rear its ugly head again. Ash came and stayed 3 weeks to help, once again. She made the 16-hour drive home to SC only to return to the ranch less than 48 hours later. Lord almost took me home then. Much to my surprise, I made it. My P.J. took me to the hospital where I stayed 4 or 5 days. He had already called the girls to come if they wanted to see me before it would be too late. Leigh flew in from Nevada and stayed day and night with me in the hospital. Leigh brought me yummy outside food. What a warm and comfortable feeling that was having her with me. I was so scared. Upon our arrival home, Ash was at the ranch. She brought her horse and dogs, informed us she was moving in. She and her unselfish husband, Jake, made the decision Ash would live here and help her Dad take care of me, which was a full-time job. Leigh had to fly home a couple days later. Ash got me out of my wheelchair and using a walker in record time. She was a blessing to have, a comfort only she knew how to give. Ash was hard on me and gentle all at the same time. What a responsibility, she handled it very well.

 While still in the hospital, P.J. and I decided I was 64 and no longer needed to remain on chemo. My quality of life meant more to us than being sick from chemo for weeks after a treatment, not to mention the damage it would cause my fragile body. I came home to spend my remaining days with him. Dr. Kalla, my oncologist, was consulted on this matter.

There are no regrets here. Give words of love, expressions of love and positive comments all during your life to family and people you see on the street. You may just be that smile they needed. Life is just too short to go through it angry or wishing it were different. The life we have makes us who we are today. We choose to be happy or grumpy. Trust me, being happy is so much easier. Tell people you love them...daily.

Gone before me was my Dad. I have a loving Mother who is still with the ones I leave behind. She too is a fabulous supporter and prayer warrior. I must also mention Susie, my aunt. Susie has been among the most faithful Prayer warriors ever. She sent cards of encouragement and handwritten words that gave me no choice but to smile and be happy. She was a blessing. We should all be so lucky as to have a "Susie" on our side.

There are 2 people who were in my life since 1971. These two were like parents, Denise and Barbara Richburg. They are prayer warriors of the greatest kind.  They would call or text with words of encouragement and support to make me laugh and remember how blessed I was.

Lord got me up each morning and put me to bed at night. I considered everything in the middle a blessing. It is my belief we all should be grateful for our days we have with family and friends and thank the Lord for that day.

This is most likely the oddest obituary you may read. I just wanted each of you to know how I appreciated each friend, family member and the strangers who smiled at me on the street. I appreciate the pharmacist, Jo, and his staff at Clyde United Pharmacy for the positive words of encouragement to me each visit I made to them.

                Be happy, smile, and most of all tell family members you love them. One never knows when that opportunity may be taken away.

                I have selected to be cremated. My ashes will be spread over the pond on our property. It will be a quiet event.

It is my request, if you so choose, not to send flowers or take food to the family. Just send a donation to the Baird, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department. They are near and dear to my heart. Cancer research gets plenty of help. A contribution to the Baird Volunteer Fire Department in my name will also support my hometown.

                Thank you,



To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Deborah K. Rowen, please visit our floral store.


You can still show your support by sending flowers directly to the family, or by planting a memorial tree in the memory of Deborah K. Rowen
© 2021 Parker-Jacobs Funeral Home. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy